The Keyword Academy Review
This is my Keyword Academy Scam or Not review on whether or not it’s a scam and if it’s not, is it even worth it. I can give this review because I gave it a test drive since there has been a lot of hype about it so I’m sure many people will come across their sales pitch. If you’re reading this review, then you’re most likely someone who is wanting to learn how to make money online. As I’ve said in a bunch of my other posts, when it comes to this whole making money thing, there are so many scams out there that it sickens me. Unfortunately, we live in a world where people will do whatever it takes to make money like exaggerate, lie, and scam good honest people who just want to make a better life for themselves and their family.
Keyword Academy Scam? – The Analysis:
So what’s this Keyword Academy deal about? Basically, it’s a video training/ebook course that will teach you how to produce residual income online. So far, nothing special. Many people do the exact same thing. So how much are they charging to try this out? Nothing. That’s right, it’s free for the first month. Now, I’ve seen these types of deals before and almost always, you get what you pay for… a bunch of scattered information which is good to know but it’s not structured in a way that will help you make any money. So even with free deal they have, so far, still nothing special.
On top of that, a lot of these low cost deals are really just a way to suck you in, give you the “basic” version of their program that is basically useless. The only way you can actually benefit from these programs is if you upgrade to their way more expensive packages that include everything.
So how does the Keyword Academy score in this department? You actually get the full blown training course. Nothing is held back. When I first came across this, I thought this was too good to be true and there had to be a catch to it all. Well, there is. Not much surprise there. So at the end of your first month, after you learned all of what they have to teach, you can pay a monthly fee of just $33 to stay with the program. Yes, you will actually have already learned everything you will need to know to run a successful internet business. If that’s the case, what is the monthly fee for? Ongoing support and expanding tools.
Their whole marketing strategy is to give you access to the whole program for free and hope that you will find it to be valuable enough to pay the monthly fees to stay with them. In order to pull something like this off and not lose your shirt, you need to make sure that what you’re offering is way beyond what your customers will expect. A lot of companies will do something similar to this and give you some access but almost never the full thing, otherwise you can just learn everything and cancel.
So since I’ve had access to their training course which consists of almost a dozen videos and now an ebook that makes it easier for them to update that take you step by step through building residual income streams with websites, a forum, monthly webinar, and a bunch of other tools, what is my opinion?
Keyword Academy Update – Almost a Year Later (March 2010)
Keyword Academy Review Bottom Line:
- Their training course is beyond my expectations. They are some of the best in the industry. Even though they are just individuals, they can go head to head with big corporations. They know their stuff.
- They make most of their money doing the stuff they teach unlike many “gurus” out there who make most of their money selling people programs/ebooks/info on how to make money.
- Their support is incredible. Their ongoing efforts to continually add more value to their members is just ridiculous. And yes, you actually get access to EVERYTHING during your first month trial so you really can learn all that you need within that first month and leave. However, once you see the value they provide, you’re probably going to want to stay.
- They don’t exaggerate. They straight up tell you that this will take work and you will not see any results for some time. Not many people who sell these things will ever say that to you. It’s all about trying to make it sound easy so more people will sign up, but these guys don’t do that. They’re straight forward about what it takes. That’s a huge plus for me.
- Monthly Webinars: They teach you up-to-date advance techniques to further increase your income. Most places will charge extra for something like this but the Keyword Academy does includes it in their membership. This alone is worth at least $50 a month. I’ve increased my income several times just by learning from these webinars.
- Constant Enhancements: They are always adding more support and tools to the program at no extra cost. This certainly makes it hard to ever want to cancel your membership but this is what delivering more than what is expected is all about. They aren’t creating loyal customers, they are creating raving fans.
- They started this program at the end of December 2008 so it’s still relatively new. There’s bound to be some kinks to work out. So far, I’ve only seen minor ones. They get better as time goes by though so this isn’t a concern really.
- The time frame they talk about (6 months) seems to only apply to people who have more than a few hours a day realistically. Unless this is the only thing you do, I’d add another 6 months making it 1 full year to get the results they are talking about if you have a full-time job. This way, you’re less likely to give up if you’re not getting what you expected at the 6 month mark. 1 year or even 3 years to build a full-time income in residual income is nothing compared to having to work until you’re 65.
- Additional costs. You will have to spend money to buy domains and a hosting service. This isn’t really a bad point though. I mean, how else are you going to build a website? Oh yeah, use Blogger, it’s free. (Blogger sucks, avoid it like a plague) But there are advantages to getting our own domain like being able to sell your website if you choose to do so. Plus, who knows, Blogger may one day decide to shut everything down like what Yahoo is doing with Geocities right now or they can just decide to shut down your blog for stupid reasons like they did with mine. They also recommend some programs and services to help you speed up the process like hiring other people to do some work for you. It’s not necessary in the beginning but as you start making money, you’ll probably want to save time by doing some outsourcing.
- Although the free month marketing strategy is a good one to get customers, because it’s so cheap, it will also attract a lot of short-term minded people. This should be seen as a business.
That last point in the bad points of this Keyword Academy Review is bound to cause people to quit way too soon and end up calling this program a scam. I bet there will be a lot of these people who will sign up for this program. These type of people will jump from opportunity to opportunity trying to “get rich quick” but never will until they realize there’s no such thing as getting rich quick. On top of that, since it’s only a dollar, they won’t feel that bad for quitting and losing that money.
Look, anything worthwhile will take time, work, patience, and determination. If that doesn’t resonate with you, please don’t join, you’ll not only waste your time, you’ll also lower your belief in yourself and self-esteem even more. I suggest you work on your mindset first. Which reminds me…
Going back to the whole support thing, if you want to get good at anything, you need a coach. You need someone who has already gone down the path you are going down to save you time by preventing you from making the same mistakes they’ve made. Look at all of the top athletes in the world, they all have coaches. Even top business executives have people they consult with on a daily basis.
You can learn this all on your own but going through the trial and error will just take more time. Aside all of the tools they have, they will help you with your mindset as well and trust me, 90% of this is mental.
You will no doubt feel discouraged sooner or later. This is when you will need support the most. Challenges will always show up every time you’re pursuing a goal without fail. Surrounding yourself with the right people with the right mindset will mean the difference between your life being the same a year from today and your life being forever changed for the better. If you can, I’d suggest doing this with a group of friends where you can all help and support each other. You will have a forum with helpful people as well as having the trainers help you if you’re doing this alone but having that support group of friends will be invaluable.
In terms of the monthly fee, it’s up to you whether or not you want to stay as a member after the first month but I’ll say this: You will have a huge advantage over your competitors with the tools that you will have access to. Having a map is great and all but would you rather walk to your destination or drive a car?
Everything is done through Paypal so you can cancel anytime without even having to email or call anyone. You can use your credit card too but it’s easier if you use Paypal. The videos can be watched on the site once you get your username and login password as well as the updated ebook. There are also a ton of webinars that you can download to your computer and keep.
For whatever reason, if you decide that you want to cancel after the 1st month or anytime thereafter, follow these instructions.
To cancel your subscription:
1. Log into your Paypal account and go to the “My Account” and “Overview” section if it doesn’t automatically take you there by default.
2. Click on the “history” button right under the “Request Money” tab. (Actually click it, don’t just hover over it)
3. Next, hover your mouse over “More Filters”. You’ll see a list of items. Hover your mouse over the word “Subscriptions and Agreements” which will bring up another list. Click on “Subscriptions”.
4. From there, you should see your subscription list. If you don’t see the one for The Keyword Academy (it should say Court and Mark, LLC), then change the beginning date back to when you subscribed.
5. Click on “Details” for the subscription. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the “Cancel Subscription” button. Click on it and confirm and you’re all set.
That’s it. No hassle. Now that you know exactly how to cancel your subscription, you don’t have anything to worry about.
Just in case Paypal makes changes to where the buttons are located, another way is to first log into your paypal account and then go to the following address:
That should bring up all of your subscriptions. Just click on the one from TKA (Court and Mark, LLC) and click “cancel subscription” at the bottom.
So there you have it. That’s my Keyword Academy Scam Review. Even with a couple of those bad points, I still HIGHLY recommend this program. This could change your life forever. This is the best deal I have ever found guys. Your risk is NOTHING. Just do it. Feel free to leave me any questions you may have in the comments section.
Keyword Academy Course Sign Up (yes, this is an affiliate link)
To your internet business success…